Check back for the Presentation Download
On Weds September 19 I will be presenting So You Want to Be a Data Scientist? at the Microsoft MTC in Chicago.
My company, 10th Magnitude will be sponsoring this event.
Does R seem like an alien language to you? Does data science terminology seem overly confusing? Would you like to learn more about data science but are scared of the math? Fact is, you’re probably doing “data science” today. You don’t need to know a lot of R or Python to be an effective data scientist. We’ll cover important terminology and use cases and then dive-in by exploring data with tools you are already using.
Dave Wentzel from 10th Magnitude will be presenting. Pizza will arrive at 5:30 and the meeting will start at 5:45.
My session will cover advanced tuning and performance tips for ASQLDW. Even if you are new to the product, by learning how to tune the system you’ll have a better understanding of the architecture and use cases suitable for the leading MPP in Azure.
Thanks for reading. If you found this interesting please subscribe to my blog.
- Azure Databricks Demos
- Chicago BI User Group Presentation: So You Want to Be a Data Scientist?
- Case Study: Scaling Your Data Scientist
- New Book: SQL Server 2017 Machine Learning Services with R
- Self-Service BI
- Upcoming Data Science Presentation
- Practical DevOps Using Azure DevTest Labs
- Charter Member of the Microsoft Professional Program in Data Science
- So You Want to Be a Data Scientist?