I recently hosted a Self-Service Analytics Webinar for Capax Global.
This is not a typical take on Self-Service analytics that you might have seen before. I think I have a unique take on the topic. I don't go into a lot of technical implementation HOW-TOs, but I do cover a lot of best practices.
The webinar specifically addresses:
- why data projects traditionally have failed
- how we can fix the process by using more modern approaches (NOT scrum/agile/kanban either)
- what are the anti-patterns to failure and simple patterns that drive to success faster
- how to ingest (ETL,ELT) data faster using more modern approaches
- how to use data lake thinking to solve the T problem of ETL
These are topics I've been dealing with for years. I'm currently writing FOSS software to address many of these issues so I hope to dive deeper into that tooling soon.
You have just read "Self-Service Analytics Webinar" on davewentzel.com. If you found this useful please feel free to subscribe to the RSS feed.